Like many businesses and organisations in the UK following pandemic issues, forced closure during lockdowns, utility cost increases and the high cost of living rise, the leisure sector is facing another crisis.
To help us combat the current crisis, the prices for services that South Downs Leisure offer will be increasing from 1st January 2023.
We do recognise the current cost of living situation that everyone is experiencing, including extremely high utility cost increase; however, as a charity we have pressures ourselves including utility prices, with gas costs increasing by 300% and electricity by 125%.
That said, we are passing on an average 5% increase to our customers. South Downs Leisure have put measures in place to make savings or absorb further costs, by making small changes in-house that should not impact on the service we provide, that will also boost our Net Zero commitments.
Some examples of price increases are (non-member prices stated):
- Les Mills exercise class increasing from £8.10 to £9.00
- Large 3G football pitch at Worthing Leisure Centre increasing from £64.50 to £68.00
- Rollerskating at Davison Leisure Centre increasing from £4.00 to £4.30
- Peak time tennis court at Field Place increasing from £8.50 to £9.00
- Individual adult swim at Splashpoint Leisure Centre increasing from £8.15 to £8.50
- Peak-time Badminton Court at Lancing Manor Leisure Centre increasing from £14.10 to £14.75
- Gym session increasing from £10.00 to £10.50
Most price increases for individual sessions will not affect FIT4 members as will be included in your membership. We will be sending updates on FIT4 price increases separately and all prices will be updated on our website and app in due course.
We’re all in this together so with your help and support we’ll protect the long-term future of your local leisure centres and have a lasting impact on the health and wellbeing of your community.