October Half Term Fun!
Whether they are sporty, creative or just want to have fun with friends then South Downs Leisure has it covered.
From football, rugby, cricket or skating, to tennis, swimming, team games,
bouncy castles and assault courses, there’s an abundance of great activities
guaranteed to keep them entertained.
Davison Leisure Centre has something for everyone with lots of flexible morning or afternoon options.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Covid Specific Information for Holiday Programme bookings
The following applies to all centres and may be subject to change if the official guidance on operating junior activities during the pandemic changes.
Attendance on the day is subject to your child being virus-free, as far as it is practicable to be sure.
Do not bring your child if they:
- Show any symptoms of COVID-19 on the day (high temperature, new persistent cough, loss of taste or smell)
- Show any symptoms within 7 days prior to attending.
- Are living with an individual who has shown symptoms within 14 days before the date of their attendance (they and you should be self-isolating as per government guidelines)
- Children who turn up with a cough – or who are accompanied by an adult or sibling with a cough – or who are otherwise obviously unwell will not be accepted into the building by the Duty Manager. Regretfully no refund/ credit will be applied under these circumstances.
Please be responsible when making a decision about bringing your child. Our staff are required to self-isolate at the first sign of any symptoms, so if you send a poorly child – even if you are convinced that they do not have COVID-19, it can impact upon our ability to run the programme – we really don’t want to have to cancel subsequent sessions because all our staff have been forced to self-isolate. In accordance with the Government guidelines, we will arrange the children in “bubbles” with a maximum size of 17. This number may increase if any easing of restrictions allows us to do so. Generally, this will be in the age groups 5-7 and 8-12.
We will also try to make use of the “outdoor” space available – hardcourts and grass so do please ensure the children have a suitable extra layer of clothing available if necessary.
Where the sessions are advertised as for the 5-12’s the 2 age groups will use the equipment at different times and the equipment will be sanitised between use by each group.
Always tricky with younger children, but we will be reminding them about social distancing during their session and we will be encouraging children to avoid contact with each other wherever possible.
Regular hand washing and use of hand sanitisers will take place throughout the day. Touch points and equipment around the setting will be sanitised during the day.
Information on who has attended, in which group and with which instructor will be securely retained for a minimum of 21 days. It all seems a lot to take in, but the vast majority of the children will already be very used to much of this from being back at school.
Additional important information
Although every effort is made to ensure the advertised activities take place, the management reserves the right to cancel at any time and, where possible, offer a suitable alternative.
Please remember to provide a packed lunch if your child is staying all day. Please do not bring in any nuts as a snack or as part of a packed lunch.
We have a selection of skates for skating sessions but do please send children with their own if they have them. Knee/elbow pads and even a cycling helmet are a good idea.
Please ensure children are brought to and collected from the Centre on time. Please phone us if you are going to be late. Children will be instructed to wait inside the building if parents are delayed.
Please ensure your child is dressed appropriately for all activities, this includes:
- Sports/casual clothing and trainers (no flip flops please).
- Socks to be worn for ALL trampoline sessions.
- All jewellery removed or taped.
- Gymnastics at Lancing Manor – Leotards are optional, but please ensure suitable clothing is worn that children can move around in and ensure it is not restricting.
- Remember an apron or old clothing for Art and Craft sessions. These use water based paints however, darker colours may stain. We can not accept responsibility for any clothing affected in this way.
- Towels, water bottles and full change of clothes and shoes for water games.
- High Factor Sunscreen and hats must be provided as well as appropriate outer layers for cold or wet weather.
Failure to provide the appropriate attire may result in your child not being able to
participate in activities. We cannot accept responsibility for any damaged clothing items