Skip to content
- Property found will be recorded on the found property record and property reported as lost shall be logged on the lost property record with the customers contact details.
- As items are found, they will be cross referenced with the lost property record to try and match found items to their owners.
- Any found property, which is unhygienic or soiled, shall be disposed of immediately.
- Found property shall not be loaned out to customers.
- Larger items of property found such as coats or trainers shall be retained in the designated area for 7 full working days and will be disposed of on day 8.
- Items considered of value such as Jewellery are kept for 1 month.
- After the designated duration, any unclaimed property shall be sent to a charity shop / recycling bins or disposed of properly.
- Customers claiming items must sign for the item on the found property record. To prevent problems, the existence of found items will be checked before informing the customer that the item has been found.
- If the property is identifiable such as a purse with telephone number in, the Duty Manager will arrange for the customer to be contacted, informing that the item has been found.