The Worthing West Sussex Addictions service is one of six addiction and substance misuse recovery services in West Sussex.
They treat all kinds of substance misuse problems and specialise in providing treatment for those with severe dependency or complex needs. Their services all provide assessment and personalised care planned treatment and recovery packages.
Call: 0300 3038677 or visit www.cnwl.nhs.uk/service/west-sussex-addictions-service-worthing.
Crime Reduction Initiatives (CRI) deliver an integrated and comprehensive recovery-focused treatment service across West Sussex. The services are flexible and individually tailored around drug/alcohol use whether you want to reduce your use or be abstinent. There are service hubs across West Sussex in Bognor, Littlehampton, Worthing, Crawley and Horsham alongside satellite services in GP practices, Crawley Hospital and other venues, staffed by friendly, professional and non-judgmental Recovery Workers and Clinical teams.
All services are free and confidential, from 8.00am-8.00pm Monday-Friday and 9.00am-5.00pm
Saturdays and include:
- open access so you can drop in on a daily basis as needed;
- same day assessment;
- medically assisted recovery along with health and well-being checks;
- community detox for opiate and/or alcohol dependency;
- a named recovery worker for 1:1 appointments;
- BACP-accredited counselling;
- structured groups including relapse prevention and life skills;
- duo-counselling support for adult family members and for carers alongside their loved one;
- screening for Hepatitis A, B and C and referral to specialist services;
- referral for inpatient detox for alcohol and/or drug dependency;
- referral for residential rehab for alcohol and/or drug dependency; and
- advice around overdose prevention and basic life-saving skills.
Call: 0300 3038677 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SmokeFree West Sussex is the free Stop Smoking Service operating throughout West Sussex. You are 4 times more likely to quit smoking with professional support. They offer group sessions and individual support run by trained stop smoking advisors. They also run drop in sessions ideal if you are a commuter or work variable hours.
SmokeFree support is open to everyone, they even run a parents and pregnant women support group.
Call: 0300 100 1823 Email: email@example.com or visit their website on www.smokefreewestsussex.co.uk
DON’T BOTTLE IT UP
Are a national website that offer tips on how to cut down, facts about alcohol and where to go to get the help and support you may need.
Gamblers Anonymous UK is a national service with many local support groups. Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women wh share their experiences and strength. Their doors are open to anyone who is looking to try and stop gambling. There is no membership or registration needed- just turn up. Your local meeting is
Sydney Walter Centre, Sussex Street, Worthing, BN11 1DS
Tuesday 20:00 to 22:00 : Wheelchair Access
For more information visit: www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk
Friendly, confidential drugs advice
For information, facts and live web chat support FRANK the national campaign for drugs advice is a great resource.
Call: 0300 1236600 SMS: 82111
There is also a live chat option online to talk directly to someone, open from 2pm- 6pm every day of the week.
West Sussex Young People’s Substance Misuse Service
CRI provide a countywide outreach Young People’s Substance Misuse Service in West Sussex.
The service offers flexible, confidential treatment and support for young people aged between 10 and 18 years who have complex drug and alcohol issues. Young people are offered appointments at a venue which suits them. Services offered include:
- Holistic assessments
- 1-1 care planned support/interventions
- Structured outreach appointments
- Prescribing or meeting other clinical need
- Drop ins in schools, colleges and other young people services
- Relapse prevention and harm reduction support
- Specific targeted activity (education) with vulnerable groups
- Professional and community support
- Chlamydia screening
- Sexual health support
- Needle Exchange
- Service User Involvement and consultation
- Partnership working with A&E
Address: 30 – 32 Teville Road, West Sussex, Worthing BN11 1UG
Call: 01903 230600
Friends and Families Network
The Families and Friends Network supports anyone affected by someone else’s drinking and/or drug use.
All services are confidential, and you can receive free information, advice and support. The network offers:
- information about drugs and alcohol;
- local drop-in services and support groups;
- individual appointments, at a time and place that suit you; and
- a quarterly newsletter
For more information please contact Carers’ Support West Sussex on 0300 028 8888