General visit etiquette
Below are some simple guidelines that we would ask you to read and adhere to with regards to booking activities and visiting our centres, following our reopening in Saturday 25th July.
These DOs and DON’Ts have been put together to ensure that everyone can make the most of exercising in our facilities, in a safe and comfortable environment, whilst ensuring the wellbeing and peace of mind of our members and staff at all times.
- Download the South Downs Leisure app.
- Register for online booking via our online booking system, if not already done so
- Book your session in advance – all sessions must be booked in advance, including Gym and Weights Room sessions.
- Pay for your session in advance (if relevant).
- Only book one of each session type per day (gym, class, weights room and racket sport).
- Arrive on time for your session, to ease queuing.
- Arrive ready to train as changing facilities are not available for use.
- Bring a filled water bottle to your session.
- Bring your own exercise mat, as these will not be provided.
- Bring a towel for drying off whilst exercising.
- Sanitise your hands regularly.
- Clean equipment used with provided solutions.
- Ensure you adhere to social distance guidelines.
- Follow one-way routes around our centres
- Respect other facility users and staff at all times.
- Be patient as people get used to the new layout and guidelines at our sites.
- Enjoy your session.
- Speak to staff if you have any questions or issues.
- Use the specific exit routes from the facility you are visiting.
- Arrive too early for your session, to avoid having to queue.
- Arrive without having pre-booked your session.
- Bring a towel for use to dry off after a shower as showers are not available for use.
- Try to use changing rooms as these are not available.
- Bring valuables or other possessions, as lockers will not be available for use.
- Book more than one of each session per day, to ensure everyone gets fair usage of the services on offer.
- Bring cash to pay, if possible, we would prefer contactless card payments, or for you to pay in advance.
- Encroach on other users’ space, or session time.
- Overstay your session time as other users will be waiting to start.
Download our app:
All sessions must be booked in advance, including Gym and Weights Room sessions, and the easiest way to book your session is via our app.
Tap on the relevant button below for your phone make to download our app and speed up your booking process.