New pool rules – Aquaschool update (Wednesday 14th September 2020)
The Aquaschool Team are excited to welcome back all students to swimming lessons.
Naturally, things are a little different to how they were before we closed. Please find below our Updated Pool Rules, which we have implemented to comply with Covid-19 Guidelines to ensure everyone can enjoy their lesson safely:
- If you or your child is displaying COVID Systems, please contact us immediately. These are;
- a new and continuous cough
- high temperature
- loss of tase or smell
- shortness of breath
- If anyone is suffering from cold or flu-like symptoms prior to a swimming lesson, please do not swim and contact the Aquaschool Team immediately.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your lesson, to help reduce over-crowding.
- 1 parent/carer to accompany swimmers, again to help reduce over-crowding.
- Please sanitise your hands on entering the centre.
- Arrive beach ready, swim costumes under clothes, don’t forget your flip-flops for poolside.
- Follow the 1 -way route around poolside and the building.
- Use the toilets and pre-swim showers before entering the pool, post-swim showers for a rinse only are available, no soaps or shampoo.
- Lockers are not available.
- Belongings can be left on poolside or taken with parent/carer to the spectator area.
- Parents/Carers to leave poolside during lessons and watch from the upstairs spectator seating (except AquaSplash parent/carers).
- Spectators are advised to wear face masks, to and from lessons and when spectating.
- Maintain social-distancing and be considerate to others around you.
- Swimming Hats must be worn in lessons (exceptions for pre-school, Rookies, Diving and Adult Lessons, but long hair must be tied-up).
- Pre-school swimmers, must wear a swim nappy where appropriate.
- Goggles are optional. Please practice putting goggles on at home in the bath or shower, it can help.
- Limited Changing Village cubicles are available for after your swim. However we still recommend to Towel-Dry and dress on poolside if you can – remove wet costumes and bring towel robes, dry robes, dressing gowns, onesies or clothes that are easy to slip back on.
- For Stage 7/Squad and Rookies Swimmers, please remember to bring your own water bottle.
- Lessons are 20 minutes in the 30 minute time slot, to allow for extra cleaning in between each session and reduce over-crowding on poolside.
- For Stage 7/Squad and Rookies, lessons will be 50 minutes in the 1 hour time slot and Diving will now be 30 minutes in the 40 minute time slot, again to allow for extra cleaning.
- There is no Public Swimming during lessons (the exception is during pre-school lessons, when the public can swim in the Main 25m Pool, via the on-line booking system).
- The Leisure Pool will be closed to Public swimming.
- Exit poolside – following the 1-way route.
TERM DATES: Monday 14th September – Sunday 20th December 2020.
(NO LESSONS – Monday 26th October – Sunday 1st November, October Half-Term)
If you have any questions or concerns with the above, please contact the Aquaschool Admin Team at the following address: email@example.com
We completely understand if you are not ready to return to swimming lessons, therefore, if you wish to keep your membership frozen until January 2021, and have not already done so, please contact the Aquaschool Admin Team.