Latest Swimming Pool news (updated Thursday 15th October)
Splashpoint Leisure Centre is now open offering lane swimming, swimming lessons, family swim bubble sessions, casual group swim sessions, fitness classes and a gym.
Naturally, things are a little different to how they were before we closed.
Please find below our Updated Pool Rules, which we have implemented to comply with Covid-19 Guidelines to ensure everyone can enjoy their visit – these relate to everyone wanting to swim (we also have some more Aquaschool related pool rules that can be found by tapping here):
- Ensure you book your session in advance, either via our online booking system or app.
- All swimming sessions are only available to book 48 hours in advance.
- If you are displaying COVID Systems, please contact us immediately. These are;
- a new and continuous cough
- high temperature
- loss of tase or smell
- shortness of breath
- If you are suffering from cold or flu-like symptoms prior to a swim, please do not swim and contact the centre to cancel your booking ASAP.
- Arrive beach ready, swim costumes under clothes, don’t forget your flip-flops for poolside.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your session, to help reduce over-crowding and to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Upon arrival, ensure you queue in the correct place depending on whether you are attending a Gym/Class or swim session – this will be apparent when you arrive.
- Please sanitise your hands upon entering the centre.
- Follow the 1-way route around the centre and poolside.
- Use the toilets and pre-swim showers before entering the pool, post-swim showers are available for a rinse only, no soaps or shampoo.
- Lockers are currently still not available.
- Belongings can be left on poolside – there are seats spaced out around the edge of the pool to leave a bag or belongings on – these seats are not to sit or rest on.
- Customers are advised to wear face masks, to and from sessions and when spectating.
- Maintain social-distancing as you move around the centre and be considerate to others around you.
- Maintain distance in lanes too – allow space between you and the swimmer in front.
- For safety purposes, please do not swim backstroke or butterfly.
- Limited Changing Village cubicles are available for after your swim. However, we still recommend to Towel-Dry and dress on poolside if you can – remove wet costumes and bring towel robes, dry robes, dressing gowns, onesies or clothes that are easy to slip back on.
- The Leisure Pool is still currently closed to Public swimming.
- Exit poolside and the building following the 1-way route – please be mindful of the possible crossover point where the exit route meets the pool entry route (highlighted on site).
- Each session is 1 hour with a 45 minute swim, this includes time to get into the pool and exit the pool afterwards. Please do not encroach on other people’s session times to ensure everyone can make the most of the pool.