Latest Swimming Pool news (updated Saturday 12th September)
Splashpoint Leisure Centre is opening on Monday 14th September, offering lane swimming, swimming lessons, classes and gym.
Naturally, things are going to be a little different to how they were before we closed.
Please find below our “New” Pool Rules, which we have implemented to comply with Covid-19 Guidelines to ensure everyone can enjoy their swimming session safely – these relate to everyone wanting to swim (we also have some more Aquaschool related pool rules that can be found by tapping here):
- Ensure you book your session in advance, either via our online booking system or app.
- Lane swimming sessions are only available to book 48 hours in advance.
- If you are suffering from cold or flu-like symptoms prior to a session, please do not swim and contact the centre to cancel your booking ASAP.
- Arrive beach ready, swim costumes under clothes, don’t forget your flip-flops for poolside.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your session, to help reduce over-crowding and to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Upon arrival, ensure you queue in the correct place depending on whether you are attending a Gym/Class or swim session – this will be apparent when you arrive.
- Please sanitise your hands upon entering the centre.
- Follow the 1-way route around poolside.
- Use the toilets and pre-swim showers before entering the pool, post-swim showers will not be available at this time.
- Changing Village facilities and lockers are also currently not available.
- Belongings can be left on poolside – there are seats spaced out around the edge of the pool to leave a bag or belongings on – these seats are not to sit or rest on.
- Spectators are advised to wear face masks where possible, in and around the centre.
- Maintain social-distancing as you move around the centre and be considerate to others around you.
- Maintain distance in lanes too – allow space between you and the swimmer in front.
- For safety purposes, please do not swim backstroke or butterfly,
- Towel-Dry and dress on poolside – bring towel robes, dry robes, dressing gowns, or clothes that are easy to slip back on.
- The Leisure Pool will be closed to Public swimming.
- Exit poolside and then the building following the 1-way route – please be mindful of the possible crossover point where the exit route meets the pool entry route (highlighted on site).
- Each session is 45 minutes in length, this includes time to get into the pool and exit the pool afterwards. Please do not encroach on other people’s session times to ensure everyone can make the most of the pool.